Monday, September 28, 2009

Slideshow assignment

I wish I was an ingenious photographer. I remember during my internship this past summer, the editor would send the photographers out on the most mundane photo assignments and they would come back with amazing pictures. They made something like a farmer's market look like a work of art through their photos. The assignment this week, to go out and take pictures exemplifying a theme, seemed easy enough but getting the right angle and snapping "the moment" was actually kind of hard.
My pictures from Saturday's football game illustrate spirit and teamwork. I included a couple of extra photos from Saturday's events in my slideshow to show landscape and that the day wasn't all just fun - police officers work hard to keep their eyes and ears open and look for any drinking-related issues.
I got a snapshot of the tight-rope-walker while walking home from class Monday afternoon. To me, he exemplifies courage and individual athleticism.
The pictures of the UNH ROTC members taking down the American flag show duty, tradition and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment