Tuesday, September 8, 2009

how I'm feeling about multimedia

The first day of Multimedia was encouraging. I like that the class is not full of experts. Although I have a fair amount of experience in making multimedia, I still feel like I have a lot more to learn. Working in an enviroment where everyone is at a different level will be exciting - on some days, I hope that I can demonstrate my experiences. On other days, I hope to be shown something I never knew existed.
Looking at some really exceptional pieces of multimedia for the first class, including the UNH student's work on the Durham food pantry, set the bar for the rest of the semester. I feel like I have a lot to work on to get a final piece of multimedia like the ones we saw, but seeing an example of multimedia at its best reiterated why I wanted to take the class in the first place.
I'm really looking forward to completing a multimedia project. I'd describe myself as technologically challenged, so some of the techniques discussed, like overlaying video with audio from a voice recorder, makes me question my abilities. I just can't wait to be shown how to fluently make a solid piece of multimedia that inspires people when they see it.
The multimedia I did at The Enterprise newspaper during my internship this summer was done using moviemaker, which I had become quite comfortable with. I'm nervous to learn a lot of software but I know it's necessary in order to make movies like what we viewed the first day of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment